This creamy avocado sauce has tangy and bright hints of cilantro and lime and is the perfect sauce to have on hand for tacos, nachos, quesadillas, salads, veggie burgers, and much more.
This vibrant creamy avocado sauce is simple to make, all you need is a food processor and this sauce can be brought together in under 10 minutes.
Make this fresh avocado sauce for all your favorite Mexican-inspired dishes, like this black bean and quinoa taco meat, to go on top of loaded nachos or a dip to go along with this vegan nacho cheese sauce.
To make a tangy but creamy avocado sauce you need just 3 main ingredients and everything else you probably already have in your spice cabinet!
- Avocado - make sure to use ripe avocados, this will allow for easier blending and the best flavor as well as creamy texture.
- Cilantro - fresh cilantro, the stems can be used too.
- Limes - make fresh juice from limes.
- Water - some extra liquid will help blend this into a smooth creamy avocado sauce.
- Seasonings - garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
See the recipe card for quantities.
This fresh avocado sauce can be used on any of your favorite Mexican-inspired dishes. It is a great addition when making loaded nachos or with black bean and quinoa taco meat, which can be used for tacos, tostadas, or mexi-bowls. Try it on top of our black bean and tofu scramble breakfast tacos.
The avocado sauce can also be served up solo as a dip that can go side by side with this vegan nacho cheese sauce and with tortilla chips. Use this avocado sauce on burgers, bowls, or salads.
Cilantro Avocado Crema Recipe
- 300 grams avocado about 2
- 25 grams lime juice fresh
- 35 grams chopped cilantro
- 10 grams salt
- 1 grams pepper
- 3 grams garlic powder
- 2 grams onion powder
- 35 grams water
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more salt to taste and adjust the water depending if you want a thicker or thinner sauce.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge. This sauce can even be frozen for later.