This Garlic Herbed Aioli recipe is super easy to make and it is 100% plant-based vegan which makes it a healthier option when compared to traditional aioli recipes.
If you love the taste of fall then you will love this vegan aioli recipe that is perfect for the fall and holiday season.
This aioli recipe is herbed with fresh thyme and rosemary and as the name reveals, garlic.
The recipe was created to go with our not-so-ordinary Fall Grain Bowl Recipe, and also pairs amazingly with roasted potatoes, french fries, garlic bread, sandwiches, and burgers.
Only 9 ingredients are needed to make this aioli!
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- garlic cloves
- fresh rosemary
- fresh thyme
- salt + pepper
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make Vegan Garlic Herbed Aioli
Equipment needed: a blender.
Get started by soaking the cashews in water for at least 30 minutes. This ensures that you will get a smooth and creamy aioli.
If you are short on time you could skip this step or shorten the soak time. But if you skip soaking your cashews then you will miss out on the health benefits soaking has to offer, read why soaking your nuts is important.
Chop the garlic and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Allowing the garlic to sit for 10 minutes activates the health benefits of garlic, read more here.
Destem and chop the fresh rosemary and thyme to measure.
Measure out the rest of the ingredients, water, olive oil, acv, salt, and pepper.
Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. It is really that simple!
Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your liking, just keep in mind the flavor will continue to develop after blending.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Watch How To Make Vegan Aioli Sauce
- Cashews - instead of cashews substitute for almonds, just keep in mind almonds require a longer soaking time, ideally 6 hours.
- Herbs - use dried herbs instead of fresh herbs. You can also tinker with the herbs used here and make different flavored aiolis.
Vegan Garlic Herbed Aioli
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Soak the cashews for at least 30 minutes.
- Peel and chop the garlic and let sit.
- Destem and chop the fresh thyme and rosemary.
- After the cashews have soaked, strain and rinse the cashews.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.